2016: The Year That Was



For our first post, we would like to share the important events of the past year as a little introduction/view of our lives.


2016 had its fair share of ups and downs. I welcomed the year a little quieter than before, but still with a positive attitude (and cute Husky puppies).

It was a year wherein I had only six months left in college, wherein I tried to maximize the time I spent with friends - one significant event was when I got the chance to go to Germany with my best college girlfriends to present our paper. It was when I attended my last Socialization Night as a Political Science student, and graduated from UST. 

2016 was a year I appreciated my family so much more, determined to make time for them. They were my motivation to find a job and eventually give back - in which God gave me another blessing when I was hired and of course that feeling when I had my very first hard-earned money. I finally felt that thing called "Adulting" with all the bills to be paid, ID's to be acquired, and the leisure time spent with family and friends. Which brings to mind my amazing high school best friends; they've proved that after almost six years, it can take you back to the time you were just having fun (and a little immature).

Lastly, and maybe the greatest blessing that ever happened in 2016 was the birth of my gwapo nephew, Kyrie Levin A. Ching (I'm at work right now, and I miss him terribly :( )


This year might be one for the books because it was the year when our nephew (Kyrie) was born, where I got to go to k-pop concerts, learn a sport, meet my favorite authors and take out the negativity in my life by being closer to God than ever before. 

Getting into one of the cream sections of our batch was surprising, as well. I was bombarded with entrance exams and other requirements as a cherry on top. But soon I realized that those things were there to help me improve in the future... and so, I would. :)



We're ready and excited with what's in store for 2017 :) ❤️ 



Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment